I want to upgrade from S5 to S7 but my contract date not until September. What are my options?
atomarchio1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I currently have S5 and looking to purchase S7.  My contact date is September.

I have 3 phones total (another S5 and Iphone 6) on a 2GB family plan and then both S5 phones have an extra 1GB promotion for a total of 4GB each month.

Other than pay full retail price for an S7, do I have any options for a discounted price?  I am 75% through the 2-year contract period.  However, I can't tell if I am eligible for any of the Verizon promotions.

Any ideas on what I can do here?

Please let me know. Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: I want to upgrade from S5 to S7 but my contract date not until September. What are my options?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are any of other lines eligible for an upgrade? If not, your option is full retail price only.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: I want to upgrade from S5 to S7 but my contract date not until September. What are my options?
atomarchio1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was in a local store and they did offer me an option to get the S7 for only $14 more per month to my overall bill.  However, I had to get this box which I would use in my car for emergencies.

I think my plan would change also but only slightly.  They said this was a "special" deal which had to be approved by a manager.

Any idea on what they are doing there regarding the price?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That sounds a little fishy. Was this a third party retailer? As the account owner, you should know the details of your account or where to find the info and how any deal could change the account.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

Exactly what is this box that you would have to get for emergencies. What does it do?

0 Likes
ThomasPII
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think the perfect place to get an answer to a question like this would be to either go into the store or to call customer service.  Since no one on here has access to your account we can't really tell you what you have comming to you if anything at all.

0 Likes
_buckeyenut_
Contributor - Level 1

Sounds way too suspicious. I'm not 100% against local Verizon shops, but they can get you wrapped up in some shady contract deals. If your new contract is up soon, why not get two new lines, lease the S7s and take advantage of the BOGO offer. When you get the Visa gift card, pay off the S5 lines and sell the them. You'll still be in a lease agreement for the S7s, but they are the first Samsungs with Verizon that will let you upgrade after 1 year or 50% of the lease is paid off. You still come out on top anyway you look at it. Do it all online though, skip the local shop so you don't get roped into something shady.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

avoid the plan & deal with verizon.

i upgraded my s5 to a 24 month plan before end of contract.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

atomarchio1, we love to see you upgrade to a new device. Currently, the Samsung Galaxy S7 is $28.00 per month when purchasing it with a device payment plan. With the device payment plan, the full retail cost of your device is split into 24 monthly installments, which appear on your bill.

Do you subscribe to a new simple Verizon Plan? With that plan, you will get a $20.00 discount off the Smartphoe monthly access fee.  http://vz.to/1P9xrru

0 Likes