I tried to update my phone , it downloaded and I clicked to install the update it took me to the system recovery screen and I'm not sure which choice to take ? should I restart or update from adb or cache?
saradave14

I updated awhile back and ever since my phone has been awful so I read there was a new update out so I thought maybe this will straighten out the last update so I downloaded and clicked the install and it acted like it was going to update but then it took me to the system recovery screen and I'm not sure which option I should take system reboot, update from adb or update from cache? Any ideas?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I tried to update my phone , it downloaded and I clicked to install the update it took me to the system recovery screen and I'm not sure which choice to take ? should I restart or update from adb or cache?
saxman255
Enthusiast - Level 1

Try software reboot.  That should at least restart the phone and then you can try the update again.  Usually the phone goes into recovery mode and installs the update automatically.  Strange.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I tried to update my phone , it downloaded and I clicked to install the update it took me to the system recovery screen and I'm not sure which choice to take ? should I restart or update from adb or cache?
saxman255
Enthusiast - Level 1

Try software reboot.  That should at least restart the phone and then you can try the update again.  Usually the phone goes into recovery mode and installs the update automatically.  Strange.

0 Likes
NuDroidUser
Enthusiast - Level 2

My 2 S5's did the same thing yesterday with the update. Chose reboot because the phone just sat there in recovery mode.

0 Likes