I have another Samsung Galaxy S4 from another carrier (AT
adleajeh

I was given a replacement from a friend of another Samsung Galaxy S4 from another carrier (AT&T) and wish to put Verizon service onto it since the same SIM card fits. How do I switch the AT&T phone to Verizon?

0 Likes
Re: I have another Samsung Galaxy S4 from another carrier (AT
deloused
Master - Level 3

That device doesn't have the hardware to operate on Verizon's network, but with any compatible unlocked phone from another source you would insert a Verizon sim to activate it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that you have a functioning device. We cannot guarantee that devices provided through another provider will function properly on our network due to differing network technologies. You can check to see if a device is compatible by following this link: http://www.verizonwireless.com/bring-your-own-device/.

HarleyE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Older Verizon Wireless and at&t phones cannot be ported between each other's network as Verizon Wireless uses CDMA while at&t uses GSM. I'm not sure that the S4 can support the opposite network. Most newer models can. Check the link and see what it shows.

0 Likes