I have an S6 and a 4G extender in my house. I am dropping calls daily. If I enable the wifi calling, will it switch back and forth to the best connection?
WILHUG44

I have an S6 with poor coverage in the house. I also have an extender but still drop calls. If I enable wifi calling, will my phone find the better of the two connections? Will it switch during my calls? I am dropping too many.

0 Likes
Re: I have an S6 and a 4G extender in my house. I am dropping calls daily. If I enable the wifi calling, will it switch back and forth to the best connection?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear you're dropping calls WILHUG44. The network extender definitely should help enhance indoor calling. Have we investigated your area? How is service outside? What is your zip code?  Wi-Fi Calling allows you to make and receive calls over a Wi-Fi network if cellular service isn't available. Once you enable wifi calling, the connection will be used for your calls.  

Kinquana_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: I have an S6 and a 4G extender in my house. I am dropping calls daily. If I enable the wifi calling, will it switch back and forth to the best connection?
WILHUG44

The outside coverage is terrible. My zip code is 92673. We are on a hill where the entire neighborhood has poor coverage. Walking outside or moving around is not an option to gain better coverage. I have had the extender for 9 months and it worked well for the first 6. Now, I drop every call.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you taking time to troubleshoot as we always want the best for you. What does the signal show when dropping a call on the Extender? Has your home internet connection been stable? I would suggest testing WiFi Calling as it will allow you to pick up the best available network.

Yale_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes