I don't recieive email/facebook/twitter/snapchat etc. notifications when I am connected to wifi
kryan12

I've gone into each app individually to make sure notifications are on and I get the notifications if wifi is turned off. However, when wifi is on, I don't get the notifications in the status bar and the phone doesn't vibrate/beep like I set it to.When I use wifi to browse the internet or check the previously mentioned apps manually, then it usually works just fine, although it is a little slow sometimes. I don't think it's a problem with the router or anything because every other device that my family and I have are working fine with the wifi.

Any Suggestions appreciated, thanks!

0 Likes
Re: I don't recieive email/facebook/twitter/snapchat etc. notifications when I am connected to wifi
bearone21
Legend

is wi-fi sleeping when screen is off?

0 Likes
Re: I don't recieive email/facebook/twitter/snapchat etc. notifications when I am connected to wifi
kryan12

It's set to always keep wifi on during sleep

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important it is to have your notifications kryan12. I appreciate you checking all the settings already. Please check your Power Saving Mode Settings to ensure this is not a setting that's affecting it. Also, does this happen with every wi-fi connection you use?

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
kryan12

I just checked and the power saving mode is off. So far I've only tried connecting to one wireless network so I'm not sure about others.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information kryan12! Let's make sure that this is not an issue particular to a specific WiFi network. Connect to other WiFi networks and test. Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes