I did the update today now I have this triangle with two arrows inside on my status bar. What is this and what does it mean?
JFAME87
0 Likes
Re: I did the update today now I have this triangle with two arrows inside on my status bar. What is this and what does it mean?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congratulations to you on updating your device’s software version! After updating the Galaxy S8 and/or S8+ to Android Oreo, you may encounter a few new status icons in Android Oreo update for the Galaxy S8 and S8+ Smartphones. The icon you’re referring to is the new data saver status icon. The triangle icon you’ve referenced with the two arrows (up and down) inside indicates you’ve turned on the data saver option in your Samsung Galaxy device. The data saver will reduce your mobile device’s data usage. You can enable or disable data saver for the Galaxy S8 and S8+ through Settings>Connections>Data Usage>Data Saver.

For additional information about the Samsung Galaxy S8 software update please visit our website at: https://vz.to/2DTH2mv.  I hope this information has been helpful. RobertC_VZW   

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!