I can't use my steering wheel controls to place a call because the contacts in my Samsung Galaxy S5 aren't accessible. This worked fine with the S3.
jchick84

Every time I try to make a call from my car system, I'm told the number doesn't exist, or I'm offered a choice that I would never call. My usual contacts don't seem to be available. How do I clean up the contacts list AND make Galaxy play nicely with my car and NO I DON'T WANT TO USE THE DAMN CAR MODE BECAUSE THAT DEFEATS THE WHOLE PURPOSE OF HAVING A HANDSFREE SYSTEM IN MY 2013 PRIUS.

Before I "upgraded" to the S5 I could press a button on my steering wheel, say, "Call XYZ" and the system would place the call. I want that feature back. NOW.

0 Likes
Re: I can't use my steering wheel controls to place a call because the contacts in my Samsung Galaxy S5 aren't accessible. This worked fine with the S3.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jchick84

Having hands-free calling is a very important safety feature. Are any of your contacts available? When someone calls you, do their contact show up? Do you have a way to reset the phonebook on your cars radio? Have you removed the Bluetooth connection and tried reconnecting fresh? What happens when you use your phone with a different cars Bluetooth?

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes