Re: I can't answer / pick up incoming calls...
mccoyism

I created a profile for the sole purpose of contributing to this thread.  Galaxy S7 with all updates, etc. with identical issues. Completely random times, contacts, locations when this happens.

0 Likes
Bowdoctor

Same here, I can not make calls.  My friend can not call also...  

0 Likes
Fallline
Enthusiast - Level 3

Over the weekend Verizon Tech Support talked me into "Resetting Network Connections". That does some damage - all my wifi setting are wiped out that I'll have to rebuild but I figured it's worth a try. So far so good but the problem doesn't happen all the time so it will take time for me to know if it's fixed or not. If after a month the problem does not resurface then I'll be convinced that it's fixed.

JimaP
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm going to try this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^and then once I get to a location that has a land line I'll bombard my cell with calls to see if I can get it to fail. 

For those of you that would also like to try it here is a link on how to reset the network connections

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-210920/

0 Likes
JimaP
Enthusiast - Level 3

Didn't work, just received a call from a friend that I couldn't answer. 

I don't see how this is going to be a phone problem.  On the callers end it just rings until it times out and a message comes on and says that "your call can not be compleated as dialed."  That might ge a generic message from the local phone company but that is what I also get when I am making test calls.

0 Likes
Fallline
Enthusiast - Level 3

You're missing the point. No one said it was from only land lines. The problem is from random occurrences of which no one has figured out a pattern. If you call your cell 10,000 times from a land line and you don't reproduce the error than you're falsely convincing yourself that it is fixed.

0 Likes
Fallline
Enthusiast - Level 3

What needs to happen is, if you can take a specific call. That is, tell Verizon that at 4:22 PM it happened to a call coming into your phone number xxx-xxx-xxxx. If they can trace that call and look at how it was transmitted they might come up with an answer. I don't know if they have that capability but the randomness of this problem is what is hard to trace. When a problem is intermittent it is hard to troubleshoot.

0 Likes
A_J_J_A
Enthusiast - Level 2

This has happened twice now, both after updates. When I restart my phone it it fine. Have no screen protector, screen isn't broken. Not sure why this happens. Also even though I answered the call, person calling still has ringing, mine didn't go to voicemail. And it froze and I couldn't hang it up, had to press home button, then hang up while it was minimized. 

A_J_J_A
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have galaxy s9

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sarahtish, I'm disheartened to hear that you are having trouble with not being able to pick up random calls as I always rely on my device to work at all times. What is the specific make and model of your device? Does this issue happen everywhere you use your device or just in one particular location? Do you currently have call forwarding enabled?

KevinM_VZW

0 Likes