Re: I can't answer / pick up incoming calls...
Fallline
Enthusiast - Level 3

Mine is a Samsung S7, Model SM-G930V

0 Likes
Fallline
Enthusiast - Level 3

I went to the link you gave me and it's just a genric list of things to do. Nothing specific to my problem. I whent through the list under troubleshooting and there is no title that matches my problem. So you're just guessing too. But I can't spend days tryng every link and wind up wasting my time and getting nowhere. I need someone who says "I know what it is and this is what you have to do". One person even responded that they bought a new phone and it still does it. That's kind of the "ultimate" repair and that still doesn't work. I'm not convinced it's not a Verizon problem since Verizon will not send the calls to voicemail. It's possible it's an App causing a problem and the person that bought a new phone would have reinstalled all their apps on the new phone. But it doesn't always happen so you can't test one app at atime.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lauren33A, being able to answer your incoming calls is essential and I want to help get to the bottom of your device concerns. To gain a better understanding, does the problem persist on a specific number or any number that calls you? Does this happen periodically or every call that comes through? Please ensure your device software is currently up to date: http://spr.ly/6600EwxC8;

ChakiaH_VZW

0 Likes
Fallline
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, the software is up to date and even if it wasn't, cell phones were still supposed to asnwer calls with last week's software or last year's software.

Again, it does not happen all the time. Maybe about 25% of my calls. I have tried to figure out a pattern but have not been able to identify one. It is not from specific numbers as one person can call me and it doesn't go through and then he tries again and it works on the second or third try. If it was a specifc number it would be each time that person calls me. I have tried to think of all kinds of patterns such as specific number, time of day, area code, in my address book or not and there are no patterns...that I've been able to spot.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the additional information, Fallline. Let's continue to dig into this. When this started, do you remember if there were any changes to the phone such as new apps or updates? Have you every noticed if you are in the same location when this happens? 

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
tearle67
Enthusiast - Level 1

This has been happening to me for over a year. first with my droid and now with my new MotoZ3. I am beyond frustrated and am thinking of changing providers.  it doesnt happen to my kids phones (they are on my plan and have iphones).  I will NOT buy a new phone (just got this one) and i will NOT buy an iphone.  if there is no fix soon, i will switch

Fallline
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's been going on for at least 6 months. There is no way to remember what I did the day it fist started. I wouldn't even remember the actual day it first started. I'm sure at first I took it as a fluke. Over time I realized the problem was repeating.

As far as location, it can be anywhere - at home or work. My work is roofing so I am at all different lcoations each day. Any being on roofs I am high up so signal quality is not an issue.

0 Likes
Fallline
Enthusiast - Level 3

I still think there's a good chance it's a Verizon issue. The person calling me just keeps getting a rigging sound and it never goes to voice mail. If Verizon knows to transmit back a ringging sound why doesn't Verizon eventually send that caler to my voice mail. Verizon knows that after 5, 10 or 20 rings that it's supposed to go to voice mail. Voice mail is not on a phone. It is at the Verizon computers.

Sarahtish
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the exact same issue.  I also believe it's a problem on Verizon's servers or whatever.  I have a Galaxy J3 Mission, so it's not a new or fancy phone so it should at least function like a dang phone.  It's frustrating to not be able to answer calls.  My family knows to keep trying but other callers think they have a bad number because it just keeps ringing with no voicemail.  I was thinking of getting another phone but if other's have had the same issue with a new phone it's not worth my money to get a new one.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would never want you not to be able to answer your call Falline. We do want to get this figured out. Are you using any third party Visual Voice Mail services? The reason we as this question as by default calls are sent to voice mail between 8 rings (calling parties end) or 30 seconds. Are your calls being forwarded? Dial *73 to disable any call forwarding or no answer transfers. AlbertoR_VZW

0 Likes