I can send texts out, but I can't receive them...
JAMMEA32

I'm not sure what the issue is... I ran the device check on my Samsung S7 and have deleted a lot of messages, thinking if I free'd up space, then it would work again... I"m not sure if anyone else is experiencing the issue or not... My phone is blazing hot as well and keeps shutting off randomly if I use it for longer than 30 seconds

0 Likes
Re: I can send texts out, but I can't receive them...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JAMMEA32,

Being able to send text messages is a must and we're here to help. What seems to be happening when you attempt to send a message? Are you receiving a specific error message?

AdamG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JAMMEA32

I can't delete messages... because if I do, my phone gets blazing hot and my phone wont receive messages.  I can see that my wife is typing, but it won't send any thru.  I have to go in and delete all the cache and data from the app in settings.  Then do a force stop and once it comes back up, all of my messages that I tried to delete are still there.  My messages then start to work again.  I was on the phone for over an hour with the tech coach, and she couldn't figure out what the problem was either.  Not sure why it won't let me delete the messages without turning my phone into a fire hazard

Thanks,

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JAMMEA32,

We appreciate the response and the additional details. What messaging application are you using? Do you receive the same issue in Safe Mode? See how to enable Safe Mode here https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-203892/.

AdamG_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JAMMEA32

I'm using Message+  and I haven't operated in Safe Mode that I know of

Thanks,

0 Likes
JAMMEA32

And when I try to click on the link you provided, it says there was an error on the page and it cannot load

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It loaded for me.

Restart in Safe Mode - Samsung Galaxy S7 / S7 edge | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jammea32 It is important that you have the ability to send and receive text. Let's continue working on this. In the previous post, we sent you a link to activate the phone in Safe Mode and retest the texting. Please place your device in Safe Mode and let us know the results. Here is the link again:

http://vz.to/2cu44pE

SheritaH_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm so sorry you weren't able to open that link, JAMMEA32. The next best step is running the phone in Safe Mode to see if you notice an improvement. Please try the following link for the steps: http://vz.to/2mx8Jgd

VanessaS_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you were unable to access the link provided JAMMEA32. Here is a link to help with that information https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/safety-mode-faqs/#gid1_qid1 .

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes