I am not getting emergency alerts on my S7 Edge. I stopped getting them in 2017 after an update.
SBALLPLAYER014
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am not getting emergency alerts on my S7 Edge. I stopped getting them in 2017 after an update. All my settings are on this is not a FEMA problem it is a Galaxy Edge problem. Anyone else having this issue?

0 Likes
Re: I am not getting emergency alerts on my S7 Edge. I stopped getting them in 2017 after an update.
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Come to think of it, I can't remember when the Emergency Alert feature on my S7E notified of dangerous weather conditions.

My phone is fully up to date, and, is set to receive all notifications. It has even been factory defaulted at various times, so, all of that can be scratched off of the "Things to Try" list.

Having said all of that, the state that I live in has an app available, for Android and iOS devices, that provides the same functionality as the stock Alert app...I wish the state's app was also available for Windows devices, but, the app's creator said that it won't be issuing a Windows version.

Either way, if there is a suitable alternative for the stock app, consider going with it.

Re: I am not getting emergency alerts on my S7 Edge. I stopped getting them in 2017 after an update.
gddeals
Enthusiast - Level 3

same here, there are multiple threads about this. i would think verizon would put more of a priority on this fix since it could it could be dangerous and they would be liable since we count on getting alerts.

0 Likes