I am FRUSTRATED with text fails and Verizon
karrielm
Enthusiast - Level 3

So last night the building next to where my daughter was had a bomb threat...I received one text from my daughter advising me of this, and for the next ten minutes, I cannot get ahold of her because every text failed and when I called her, the call rang and rang and then went straight to her voicemail.  When I finally got to see her, her call log showed absolutely no calls from me.  This is UNACCEPTABLE Verizon.  I am paying you for NOTHING!

I have 7 plus calls into your level 2 techs.  Each and every call I have to explain over and over the problems I am having with the phone, because they say that there is no problem with the network delivering the texts I send.  Yes, I know this, the problem is that there is a delay from my phone to the network, the text gets hung up, and then fails.  I am on hold right now with yet another tech.  One that has advised me that she checked the Verizon alerts for the Samsung Galaxy 4S and there is NO KNOWN PROBLEMS WITH TEXTING.  Are you kidding me?  I advised her of the numerous discussions on this page, again, no knowledge of the issues.

I AM FED UP VERIZON.  I understand that the software didn't come from you, but you are the carrier of my service, and therefore you need to at least acknowledge that there is an issue!

0 Likes
Re: I am FRUSTRATED with text fails and Verizon
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Perhaps the tower was overloaded at the time from everyone in the area sending messages. Or perhaps the bomb assessment team was blocking cell signals to prevent cell phones from triggering the bomb. Do texts and calls go through normally now?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: I am FRUSTRATED with text fails and Verizon
karrielm
Enthusiast - Level 3

They haven't been going through since the update occurred. This has been an ongoing problem with texts failing and calls not ringing.  It just became a MAJOR issue when there was an emergency.

I am still speaking with Verizon, and was just advised that Samsung also denies that there is a problem, and therefore no fix is in sight.

0 Likes