How to stop text alerts.
Classic5700

I am signed up with Virginia Lottery to receive daily numbers via text.  I now would like to end this.  I am told by them to reply to their message with STOP.  Every time I try this it fails.  This has happened elsewhere too.

0 Likes
Re: How to stop text alerts.
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is from the Virginia Lottery website:  (if texting STOP does not work, try the phone or email option.

To stop receiving text alerts or get help, text the relevant keyword below to 82568:

STOP = to stop receiving all text alerts
HELP = to receive help with your text alerts

You can also contact support@hipcricket.com or call 1-866-HIP-CRIK (866.447.2745) to get help. We value your participation and we promise to keep your information private and not sell to another 3rd party.

0 Likes
Classic5700

Thank you SuzyQ for your response.  Much appreciated.  I have contacted the Virginia Lottery and company that supports their text messaging.

However, I am looking for a solution to this issue as well.  I have had other text alerts that would not end as well.  Is there something in Text Messaging Settings or something else that I need to address to rectify this issue?  I am lost for an answer and have tried just about everything that I could address on my telephone.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated!!  Thank you!

[Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Unwanted messages are never pleasant, Calssic5700. Thanks to SuzyQ for searching the 3rd party information. We also offer the ability to add a Premium SMS Block by logging into http://www.vzw.com/features to prevent messages to and from shortcodes.
YaleKK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes