How to put email into spam folder?
DJSomers
Enthusiast - Level 3

I get a lot of spam email on my Galaxy S4. I use the email app that came with the phone. My ISP is Time Warner Cable and I use their Road Runner email setup. On my phone I have to go through about 15 clicks to add one email address to the spam filter.I see no way to click on the email address and "Add to Spam Filter" in one click.  I have to click on the email itself and the address, then the email address to open a new email, click on the address to highlight it so I can Edit and cut it, discard the new email, left click at the bottom of the phone to get to Settings, Spam addresses, Add the address by pasting it, then back out to my Inbox which is another 2-3 steps. Surely there is a shorter, simpler way.

Also, I am getting numerous emails from a ".tk" address instead of .com, .net, etc. address and I am not allowed to add these to the spam folder. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help in advance. I sure hope someone can help me! Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Re: How to put email into spam folder?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If it's that convoluted to add it via your phone, my suggestion would be to wait till you can access the email account on a laptop/desktop, and add the addresses to the spam filter there, since it is so much simpler.  That should stop them from being delivered to the phone as well, correct?

DJSomers
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for your reply, SuzyQ. The emails I'm talking about already go to my laptop Junk folder, but it looks like I have to do each one manually to get it in the Spam folder on my Galaxy s4. Once I get the addresses in the Spam folder, they no longer go to my phone Inbox, except for those that have the .tk extension that I mentioned in my original email.

I probably get about 10 emails that are spam every day and the only process I've found to get them to the Spam folder is so convoluted it's very frustrating.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Would it be simpler to just delete the emails from the phone? 

As far as what to do with the .tk emails...I don't know.  I use Gmail, and I can set up filters, and the info syncs with my phone - emails that I set to go straight to folders and "skip the inbox" do so on the computer as well as on the gmail app on my phone.  Using gmail, I could set a filter so anything with a .tk would go straight to the trash and I'd never see it, on my laptop or on my phone.

If you haven't looked into using gmail to pull in your RR email, I would recommend it.  Gmail offers a lot of control over what happens to the incoming stuff, and it syncs beautifully on Android devices (d...uuuh!) !

0 Likes