How to disable the "Shared by Me" bar in Messages+
Joolie567
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 - when I click on a picture I sent/received in the Messages+ app, a mini menu bar opens and it displays all photos I've shared with that contact in my text message - the header says "Shared by Me." Is there a way to disable this? It's annoying to show someone a photo in a text message, and have all the others photos you shared pop-up below where they can see them and scroll through them too. Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: How to disable the "Shared by Me" bar in Messages+
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm glad to hear you're using the Message + app, Joolie567. When looking at the Shared By Me section, this is opening all of the pictures that you have shared with that contact. Once you delete a picture from the thread you will no longer see the image in the Shared By Me section.

From what I understand, the issue is you're showing another person a picture on your phone and that person is able to see the smaller images at the bottom of your screen, correct? If so, you can tap on the image and then the smaller previews at the bottom of your screen as well as the "Shared By Me" header will disappear. While there is not a way to disable this feature, this will allow you to see the photo only on your screen. Does this help?

LaurenC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kmilward
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue. When I tap the image, the smaller images at the bottom disappear, but the "Shared by" bar at the top remains, blocking the top half of the picture.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Kmilward, I definitely understand wanting to make sure you can view your texted photos with your preferences. Let's dive right in. By any chance were you able to follow the instructions from the previous Verizon Representative? What happens when you select just the one photo?

MelissaP_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes