How to clear the voice mail notification icon?
AnthonyCa

Help,

This problem has come to light about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Before this Voice mail worked as advertised.

My phone Icon says I have 1 new voice mail  I don't have any voice mails or saved voice mails and have called and check many times.

Have tried: Settings, Sound and Notifications, App Notifications, Voice Mail, "I" blue  Icon Cleared VM Cache,  restarted , No Luck!.Repeated and Cleared VM data, restarted, No luck, repeated and pressed Force Stop, Shut down again and no Luck.

I called my cell from land line. Left a message and I have 2 Voice Mails now.  Called Voice mail listened and deleted the 2nd message and the 2 changed to a 1 VM Icon, but I still have 1 voice mail and verified I don't have any voice mails or saved voice mails and end the call.

I've restarted and complete shut downs several times,  checked for system updates for the last 2 weeks and just updated today 11/19/2017 at 1320 pm and still no change.

I've tried everything suggested and my voice mail icon still says I have 1 voice mail  even though I have no voice mails.

Phone: Samsung S5, The current software version on my device is Android 6.0.1

Considering wiping phone at this point and starting over again. Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
Re: How to clear the voice mail notification icon?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AnthonyCa,

This is very frustrating to hear. Have you recently updated your OS?

JosephT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
AnthonyCa

That idea was a Fail. How many times do I need to reset My OS, do you Believe? No change, Icon still has 1 message indicated and can keep checking *86 and keep getting the same answer "I have no messages" even though the Icon say completely different. A Samsung S5 has been out for a long time. If we can't figure out this problem and solution to fix it. Then there isn't any new system out there worth even touching. Any more ideas or factual fixes?

Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

anthonyca,

I apologize if I was unclear. I was not asking if you have reset anything. Have you recently updated anything including your OS or the apps on your phone?

JosephT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes