How to block oddly formated phone numbers?
Snarg
Enthusiast - Level 2

Screenshot_20[phone number removed per the Verizon Terms of Service]-1.pngHello,

Recently I have been getting robot calls from phone numbers formatted like the attached image.

I have the first number listed on my auto reject list hiwever, they still get through.

I am starting to get more and more calls from numbers like this.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to block oddly formated phone numbers?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Snarg, we always want to ensure you get the calls you want to receive! What type of phone do you have currently? For the time being, I am unable to review the screenshot, my sincerest apologies! Have you looked into our Call Filter feature for $2.99 per line? This would help filter out the bad calls, and only accept the important ones! If that option would not work, my last recommendation would be in changing your phone number. We hope this information helps. MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
Snarg
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Galaxy S5 and, that is terrible advice.

Pay a fee for a service that may not work or change a phone number I have had for years. Really. You can't do any better than that?

I also find it hard to believe you can't look at a screenshot.

bearone21
Legend

blocked #'s still come thru & can leave voice mail.

snarg:

i agree.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Snarg, lets clear up any confusion. We do offer two service for our Call Filter Free and Paid version. Have you checked out the Free Version? Click here https://www.verizonwireless.com/solutions-and-services/call-filter/ for further details.  AlbertoR_VZW

0 Likes
Snarg
Enthusiast - Level 2

To be clear, you have the ability to block unwanted calls, but would rather we pay too have you do it, right?

This is on top of what we already pay...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Snarg,

The Call Filter Free version does allow have Spam Detection, Spam Filter and allow you to report numbers. 

JoshuaC_VZW

0 Likes