Re: How reliable is Verizon in sending out security updates.
teeshot
Contributor - Level 1

and yet again, someone answering a question I didn't ask..............................

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

CLAPAR21 wrote:

I never said anywhere that I made a mistake.(Show me where I said that?)

I never asked for any suggestion for an alternate phone or carrier. (Show me where I asked either?)

Samsung DOES provide regular monthly security updates to Verizon. (Per Samsung support both on the phone and online.)

Verizon does NOT furnish those updates on a timely basis to its customers. (Compare Samsung's patch release dates to Verizon's)

Are you comparing the patch releases to the specific carrier models or the European model? Verizon Wireless can only release updates that have been provided by the manufacturer. Verizon Wireless can't release something they don't have. If Samsung doesn't provide the April upgrade to Verizon Wireless, then you won't see it on the phones.

You stated your mistake here and discussion about an alternate carrier. Re: How reliable is Verizon in sending out security updates.

"Biggest mistake ever letting an in store rep lie to me about Verizon and Android. That's my mistake but I'm in the process of fixing that by switching to TMobile."

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TheS1R, I know how frustrating it can be when you know that Samsung has released new security patches that you have not received yet. I definitely will be happy to assist you in every way that we can regarding security patches to ensure that yours is up to date. We do appreciate you as a customer and it would sadden us to see you go because of this. I was able to send you a private message. Please feel free to respond at your earliest convenience. 

BrettA_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
teeshot
Contributor - Level 1

The "Mistake" message you are referencing was written by SAKLR1  NOT by me.  Again, you need to learn to read a message thread and make sure you are responding to the person that wrote the message. You keep responding to me, and I DID NOT WRITE THAT "Mistake" MESSAGE.

SAKLR1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unreal the amount of stupid in this thread. Even Verizon support won't properly read the thread and respond to the right person.

teeshot
Contributor - Level 1

Yep.  🙂

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SAKLR1, I know it can be very concerning when you know that there are other carriers that have released security patches from Samsung. We do take the security of your device very seriously and if you do have the latest security patch that we have released, then I can confirm that your device is protected. We appreciate you as a loyal customer and it would not be the same without you. I was able to send you a private message. Please feel free to respond at your earliest convenience. 

BrettA_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SAKLR1
Enthusiast - Level 2

How can you tell me my phone's protected when your latest release is two updates behind? No way my phone is protected the way it should be. Especially with Android it's imperative security updates are done. I could somewhat understand maybe a month behind but never getting the March 1 update and we're half way through April is unexcusable.

You really should stop insulting your customers intelligence.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Perhaps you could look at my response as a question to that person instead of you. You went on accusing me of not reading and ranting about post not even directed at you.

I read so many of the discussions here, it is easy to lose track on who started a thread and who joins the thread later with a similar situation or question and then sends the thread off down a different path that is still relevant to the original post or not.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
teeshot
Contributor - Level 1

So by doing what you ask, I would be perpetuating your unwillingness or inability to follow threads and questions in a message forum that you have chosen to participate in.  NO THANK YOU. 

In 5 days and 39 responses, I received, I believe, 3 answers to my initial question.  I guess I'll just have to base any decision I choose to make, if any, based upon those 3 folks as well as research I've done elsewhere. 

It's been a real blast !!!!!!!!!!  ANN154 please have fun carrying on in my absence.

0 Likes