How do I unblock text messages from a service?
donmol

I accidentally sent a "cancel" response to a text message frome a service I use. I got a text message back that I had successfully blocked text messages from them. When I contacted the service they told me I had to unblock the text messages through Verizon. I have search support for a way to do this and I can't find out  how. How do I unblock text messages?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unblock
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thanks for clarifying, donmol. Please try opening your Messages folder, and then select Settings in that folder. Press Menu, and then you will be prompted to Restore Default Settings, select that option. This should allow you to continue using texts to and from that 5-digit number.

VanessaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
donmol, I have been in your shoes on to many times. Let's make sure you don't miss any messages. These messages that you use to receive from the service, did it come from a 5 digit number? Are you able to send/receive normal text messages to your family and friends? Keep me posted.

KevinR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
donmol

Yes, it came from a 5 digit number, and yes I am able to send/receive normal text messages.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thanks for clarifying, donmol. Please try opening your Messages folder, and then select Settings in that folder. Press Menu, and then you will be prompted to Restore Default Settings, select that option. This should allow you to continue using texts to and from that 5-digit number.

VanessaS_VZW
0 Likes