How do I turn off automatic updates?
dmma
Enthusiast - Level 3

My Samsung Galaxy S9 keeps updating automatically. I don't have a problem with that, but I do have a problem with my phone locking and missing my work alarms each time it updates. I've turned off "Developer" updates per the tech coaches, as well as other things   Still it continues to auto update. The latest update was a 'System 11' update earlier this morning. Fortunately, I was already up. 

How can I stop ALL automatic updates? Would a reset work? 

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I turn off automatic updates?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dmma, it's good to hear you're getting the updates set to manual. To help you out with that process, I'm going to share how you can instruct the Google Play Store to let you manually update your apps. In the link I'm sharing, if you look under 'Update individual Android apps automatically,' it shows you how to reach the automatic update settings for Google Play: https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/113412?hl=en

In the section where you can enable the automatic updates, you can turn off the automatic option. To turn off automatic updates, uncheck the box for automatic updates. I hope you find that information beneficial.

JohnT_VZW

View solution in original post

dmma
Enthusiast - Level 3

As I was waiting for a response, I searched through my phone and found that a scan and update were done this morning Screenshot_20190414-054521_Security & Privacy.jpg

Screenshot_20190414-053434_Security & Privacy.jpg

Here is what was updated. I've searched for an automatic update setting, but only found automatic scan.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

sttings/apps/app manager/all apps/updates-disable.

no

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dmma, I certainly understand using your phone as an alarm, and we wouldn't want you to miss getting up for work on time. Thank you for the screenshot you provided. I want to make sure we are the same page is the phone software updating all of the time, applications installed on the phone, or just the Security & Privacy application?

TionnaB_VZW

0 Likes
dmma
Enthusiast - Level 3

It seemed to have been security updates. I played around with it and so far so good. I changed the settings and it actually asked me if I wanted to update this time. Hopefully,  it wasn't just a one time thing.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dmma, it's good to hear you're getting the updates set to manual. To help you out with that process, I'm going to share how you can instruct the Google Play Store to let you manually update your apps. In the link I'm sharing, if you look under 'Update individual Android apps automatically,' it shows you how to reach the automatic update settings for Google Play: https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/113412?hl=en

In the section where you can enable the automatic updates, you can turn off the automatic option. To turn off automatic updates, uncheck the box for automatic updates. I hope you find that information beneficial.

JohnT_VZW