How do I transfer pictures from my Galaxy S6 to my PC?
bganek529

how do i transfer pictures from my Galaxy S6 to my PC?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how do i transfer pictures from my Galaxy S6 to my PC?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Phone + USB cable that came with the phone + open USB port on the computer. Connect together and change the connection type on the phone to MTP. Wait for the drivers to load if necessary.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Phone + USB cable that came with the phone + open USB port on the computer. Connect together and change the connection type on the phone to MTP. Wait for the drivers to load if necessary.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Dragoan
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just discovered another issue with Marshmallow. Before, when you plug phone and USB into computer it automatically made the phone a drive to easily do whatever, transfer files/pics/music, etc. NOW, with marshmallow, when you have the phone plugged into computer with usb, you have to MANUALLY have the computer see phone as a drive. You use the pull down on the phone and there will be an option shown and you have to click and choose MTP media and you will then see the phone as a drive in explorer.

You can then navigate through the phone to DCIM folder I believe and there you will see all your pictures on phone you can save to computer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The default is charging via USB cable in the Marshmallow version of the OS. It isn't an "issue" as you say. It is the way Google designed it.

0 Likes
Dragoan
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah well when you are use to one thing since the beginning of time and then an updated OS comes out and changes things without you knowing about it such as not automatically seeing the phone as a drive when connect with USB and not knowing how to change it, I call that an ISSUE.

Also, when in gallery and edit pic and use to save that pic and replace in gallery automatically and now it goes to a different folder you may not be aware of, that is another ISSUE when people have no clue as to the changes.

My smart stay doesn't work as well and my phone all of a sudden is glitchy, these are all marshmallow issues.