How do I transfer photos from S7 to PC?
balunz
Enthusiast - Level 1

These are not solutions. Can someone provide instructions on how to transfer photos from Galaxy S7 to a Windows 10 computer?

Re: How do I transfer photos from S7 to PC?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you try a search first? Move Pictures / Videos from Device - Samsung Galaxy S7 / S7 edge | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

tecklikeme
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for sharing this resource, it helps.

Moreover, Samsung phone's are preloaded with Smart Switch app that could the same thing. Just open this application to backup your phone to other devices.

To learn more about this application, you could follow this backup guide that explains more about this application and how to use it backup Samsung smartphones.

0 Likes
SUPERMAN1180
Enthusiast - Level 1

It would appear that after one of the recent updates the Galaxy S7/S7 Edge phones are no longer detected via USB on Windows 10 PCs. They will charge via USB, but no drop down option appears on the phone to select USB File Transfer. I've tried connecting to two different Windows 10 PCs using two different Galaxy S7 Edge phones and have the issue with both of them.

Can this get fixed? I've tried the Smart Switch App on the PC and the phone isn't even detected for that app.

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

I just installed the most recent update on both S7's and hooking them up to my Win10 laptop and I still get the drop down options on the phone for file transfer, photo transfer and a couple of other choices.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you try a different cable?

0 Likes
SUPERMAN1180
Enthusiast - Level 1

Are you on the S7 Edge or just S7? I have two S7 Edge phones.

I tried 4 different cables. Two Samsung branded and two that are generic. None of them would allow the phone to be detected on my laptop or desktop. The phones would only charge.

If there is some setting that got mis-configured I'd be happy to adjust it but I cannot find anything. I don't get any notification for file transfer like I used to. I just get the notification that the phone is charging.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You could try this option:

Re: USB File Transfer

0 Likes
SUPERMAN1180
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks again for the suggestion. I did try that with both "Media Transfer" and "File Transfer" selected and it didn't make a difference.

I'm really frustrated with this issue as it would appear something is wrong with our phones and it would appear to be a software issue.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Another option is to back up your photos to your Google Photos account (ensure the app is set to do backups only over wi-fi unless you want to blow through your data) and then download photos from your Google Photos account to your computer.  That option would also give you another backed up version of your photos.

0 Likes