How do I remove someone from a group text?
NUNNERYEAST

I sent out a group text using my galaxy s7 message+. how can I remove a recipient so they stop getting messages?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Galaxy S7, how do i remove someone from a group mms text?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NUNNERYEAST-

Group texts are so handy, however, sometimes certain people aren't always the biggest fans of all the messages. The only way to remove a number from a group thread is to remove the number and start a different group message. The recipient may be able to mute any responses from the group text depending on their make/model phone. However, the permanent option is to create a completely different group message. I hope this helps.

AmberK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

bearone21
Legend

i'm not sure you can & why i don't like being a recipient of a group message, any time anyone replies, you keep seeing it.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NUNNERYEAST-

Group texts are so handy, however, sometimes certain people aren't always the biggest fans of all the messages. The only way to remove a number from a group thread is to remove the number and start a different group message. The recipient may be able to mute any responses from the group text depending on their make/model phone. However, the permanent option is to create a completely different group message. I hope this helps.

AmberK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Re: Galaxy S8, how do i remove someone from a group mms text?
leomillyvera
Enthusiast - Level 2

Your answer does not satisfy the need to remove someone from a group text message.  "start a different group message."  It should not be a big problem to delete ONE member from a text group.  All other media have developed the ability to do that.  It's ridiculous you haven't done that. "start a different group message"... really Verizon?    Soooo disappointed with your "creative response."

mama23dogs
Legend

Sorry, but the answer is correct.  This isn’t email, where groups can be edited.  
Once a group is created, it cannot be changed.  The only option is to create a new group, without the user who wants out.  
This has nothing to do with Verizon, it’s how text groups work on ALL CARRIERS

0 Likes
leomillyvera
Enthusiast - Level 2

I disagree with your answer... it's not true!   People have the option to "leave" the group if so they want -Whatsapp for example!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for providing that information. Try tapping the group conversation that has the contact you want to remove. Then tap the top of the group conversation. Tap, then swipe left over the name of the person you want to remove. Tap remove, then tap done.  BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes