How do I permanentely delete texts in Messenger+.
JulesB123
Enthusiast - Level 1

HI there, I have a Samsung Galaxy S7  Android and I use the Verizon Messenger+ app for texting.  I keep maxing my space on my phone, and the main culprit is this app. I have cleared the cache, deleted a TON of texts, but my Total Storage won't go down! Are these stored on my phone permanently, even if I go into the app and delete them? Currently it says I have Total 2.94GB, App 121MB and Data 2.82GB. I don't want to delete all my messages, but I have deleted just about 100 plus pictures and videos. How can I get the total GB to do down without deleting the whole app off my phone and all my texts?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: How do I permanentely delete texts in Messenger+.
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Another way to clear up a lot of space is going into recovery mode Volume up-Power-Home. Then go down to cache partition and clear that out. When the phone gets an update it keeps a lot of old files and stuff in there. Clearing this out does not change any of your settings for the phone and can help with a lot of other issues

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

delete what you can live without.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly.

Have you been able to complete this step yet, JulesB123?

I would do it for the Messenger + application

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-203662/.

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes