How do I install my verizon.net email on my phone?
Dsuemak

This is an email address through my home FiOs service & yahoo is my selected "portal".  I'm not a techy sort of person, so my lingo is probably incorrect.  I have had my verizon.net email on my Galaxy SIII in the past.  It was working splendid.  I only removed it recently due to a user/password conflict when trying to install on my new Kindle Fire HDX.  I thought for certain I'd be able to reinstall it on my phone & the process would help refresh me on how to get the email on my kindle.  Now I do not have it on either one.  : (    I don't like to go through yahoo.  Please help.  Thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I install my verizon.net email on my phone?
Not applicable

http://www.verizon.com/support/residential/internet/fiosinternet/email/setup+and+use/questionsone/86...

Follow the instructions in the link above. You are not going through the Yahoo Mail Server.

Under the email app on the device simply set it up as a Pop 3 account.

Good Luck

View solution in original post

Not applicable

http://www.verizon.com/support/residential/internet/fiosinternet/email/setup+and+use/questionsone/86...

Follow the instructions in the link above. You are not going through the Yahoo Mail Server.

Under the email app on the device simply set it up as a Pop 3 account.

Good Luck

rcschnoor
Legend

Besides what Elector has listed, I would certainly suggest never using an email associated with a specific ISP. If doing so, you have to go through all of the trouble of changing your email should you ever decide to switch ISP's. Simply sign up for email on a client which is NOT associated with an ISP, such as Gmail although any other would certainly work. This way, if you and Verizon have a falling out with your Fios service and you decide to part ways, you would not have to then switch emails, too.

I used to use an email linked to my ISP, but from swithcing ISPs so many times in the past(AOL > Compuserve > Earthlink > NetZero > Roadrunner > Fios), I simply decided I would rather have the same email regardless of my ISP. I currently have Gmail/Yahoo and have NEVER even once looked at my Fios email OR given out that address.