How do I get my wifi to work when I am out on the street?
Jillski13

When I am at the bus stop my phone does not connect to wifi. My boyfriend, standing right next to me, can access it. We are both Verizon customers, he has an LG and I have a Samsung. He said he was told the wifi would connect to the nearest tower. I cannot connect to any page so I know it is not the site.  When I get on the bus I can connect since the bus has wifi. Yes, I have turned on the wifi (that is usually the first question asked). I thought it was possibly because I have a prepaid plan. When the rep. sold me the prepaid he stated there would not be a difference for wifi. I live in a decent sized city so it shouldn't be a problem.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: How do I get my wifi to work when I am out on the street?
bearone21
Legend

wi-fi connects to a wi-fi system, not a verizon tower!!

jav6
Champion - Level 3

You generally have to select which WiFi network to connect to from those that show up in your WiFi settings.  Once you've connected to one, it might be remembered the next time you are in it's proximity (bus stop).

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Jillski13

Hey, I was just repeating what the representative said in the store.

0 Likes
Jillski13

My boyfriend figured it out. We didn't pick a network, he just had to change one of the settings to automatically search for a wifi hot spot and it connected automatically. I have just converted over from a flip phone so am unfamiliar with these types. Thanks for your response though.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

the rep in the store wants to make a sale & isn't necessarily going to give you a correct answer!!!

0 Likes