How do I get bluetooth texting from my vehicle working again?
ezman604

Ford F-150 with Microsoft Sync. Bluetooth connects with my phone. I can send and receive phone calls through my vehicle audio system. I USEC to see messages display and had the option to play them through the system. Up until a few days ago. Now I get no notification onscreen of a received message. And when I select Phone and Text Messaging, I see a message that states the connected phone does not support Bluetooth text messaging. It has always worked until a few days ago.

HELP!!!!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Bluetooth text messaging not working on vehicle
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ezman604 Thank you for providing the software on the phone, I see it has a lot of updates. Since the software update on the phone have you reset the Bluetooth? If not, please pair and connect phone with the carkit, make sure “Call audio” and “Media audio” are both checked. Have you had the opportunity to check your phone with another car Bluetooth. You may need to have the software on the car updated. Please test and let us know as making sure our loyal customers get the help they need is our goal.
DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand how convenient it is to be able to connect your phone to the bluetooth in your car ezman604. I use that feature all the time. Are you getting any error messages on your phone when trying to connect? Does your device recognize the car's bluetooth? Do you have any trouble connecting your phone to any other bluetooth devices? We look forward to helping you out with this.
RashadM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
ezman604

I bought the truck in January. A 2011 Ford F-150. After pairing the vehicle Bluetooth system with my Galaxy 5, it has worked flawless. I can send and receive phone calls and when a text message arrived, I received a notification through my vehicle, the entertainment system mutes and I got the option onscreen to listen or cancel the message. And even had the option to reply with canned messages.

A few days ago my Galaxy 5 stopped playing announcements when a text message was received. Selecting my phone on the entertainment system screen and then checking text options, I am greeted with a message that the connected phone does not support Bluetooth text messaging. It has worked for almost 2 months until a few days ago. I have received and installed some Samsung updates recently and none to the vehicle system. Which leads me to believe the phone is the culprit.

Thanks for any help and advise. I'm thinking maybe rolling back the last update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ezman604, thanks for the details. Were any other changes been made to the device before it stopped working?
EstebanP_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
ezman604

LOL

NO changes have been made to anything other than the Samsung/Verizon updates.

I have not gone in and physically changed anything.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for clarifying, we'll get this figured out. What is your current software version: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-97648/ ? Additionally, which messaging application are you using?
AyaniB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ezman604

Build # LRX21T.G900VVRU2BPB1

Using Message + app

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ezman604 Thank you for providing the software on the phone, I see it has a lot of updates. Since the software update on the phone have you reset the Bluetooth? If not, please pair and connect phone with the carkit, make sure “Call audio” and “Media audio” are both checked. Have you had the opportunity to check your phone with another car Bluetooth. You may need to have the software on the car updated. Please test and let us know as making sure our loyal customers get the help they need is our goal.
DeloresK_VZW

0 Likes
ezman604

Finally, an answer. Smiley Happy

I unpaired my vehicle on my phone. I deleted the phone from my vehicle system. I then re-paired. All seems to be fine now. I have not tested the message system but all indicators are it will work once again. At least I did not receive the warning that the connected phone does not support Bluetooth message texting.

Thanks again!!!

0 Likes