papasha3

How to disable driving mode on samsung s7

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Driving mode on samsung s7
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

papasha3, help has arrived! Let's review this further for you.Driving mode is a function of Verizon Messages. Please open Verizon Messages > Menu (three lines in top left corner) > Driving Mode, slide it to "OFF."

Lastly, you will also want to disable Driving mode from turning on automatically by navigating to Settings > Menu (top left) > Settings > Driving mode > Uncheck any Bluetooth devices configured here.

KristieQ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

papasha3, help has arrived! Let's review this further for you.Driving mode is a function of Verizon Messages. Please open Verizon Messages > Menu (three lines in top left corner) > Driving Mode, slide it to "OFF."

Lastly, you will also want to disable Driving mode from turning on automatically by navigating to Settings > Menu (top left) > Settings > Driving mode > Uncheck any Bluetooth devices configured here.

KristieQ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Dubman

I have all of this turned off & it starts on it own & blocks my text & calls. When I turn it off after connecting the phone to the car it tell me it will auto turn on after a certain amount of time.

This terrible because I have a newer car that reads the text to me & I can send by soeaking & this VERIZON DRIVING MODE stops me from doing it.

PLease explain how to remove it or to really disable ot, because these instructions are not working!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dubman, we certainly understand the app is not working out well for you. You should be able to use the system in your new car. To disable driving mode complete the following:

1. Open the Messaging app on your S7;

2. Tap on the menu icon that can be found at the upper-left corner of the screen;

3. Tap on driving mode;

4. Now, if you want to disable driving, you just have to uncheck the option Driving Mode Auto-Reply;

Does this help? DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes
Rebecca4

THANK YOU!   I don't have a Samsung 7 but these instructions actually WORKED on my Moto phone when all the other instructions I found on line didn't.  Couldn't get rid of the pesky driving mode completely...was having to turn it off manually each time and I'd spent probably 30 minutes on it up to and including completely unpairing and re-pairing my earbuds!  

0 Likes