How do I customize a notification sound?
kteachrm

I want to use a recording of my granddaughter giggling as my notification sound for messenger. Everything I've read says to move it from the recording file to the ringtone file but I can't find the ringtone file.  Advice?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to customize a notification sound
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

To use the file (keep in mind that some phones won't recognize some file types, like .wma files) as a notification for your text app, it needs to be in the Notifications folder in the phone's internal memory (or the Ringtones folder if you want to use it as a Ringtone).  If the file is on your computer, connect the phone and computer with the USB cable, pull down the phone's notification shade and change the USB mode to file transfer (depending on the phone's OS), and then 'drag and drop' the file.  If the file is on your phone, use a file manager app from the Play Store (or the My Files app if you have a Samsung) to move/copy the file.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How to customize a notification sound
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

To use the file (keep in mind that some phones won't recognize some file types, like .wma files) as a notification for your text app, it needs to be in the Notifications folder in the phone's internal memory (or the Ringtones folder if you want to use it as a Ringtone).  If the file is on your computer, connect the phone and computer with the USB cable, pull down the phone's notification shade and change the USB mode to file transfer (depending on the phone's OS), and then 'drag and drop' the file.  If the file is on your phone, use a file manager app from the Play Store (or the My Files app if you have a Samsung) to move/copy the file.

0 Likes