How do I activate a new S7?
amarillo71
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just curious as I have never pre-ordered a phone before... will I need to call Verizon to activate it when it arrives?  Or will my number automatically switch to the new phone when I power it up and set it up?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New S7 Activation
kmc7987
Enthusiast - Level 1
0 Likes
casper29605
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you upgraded the phone on your line all you will do is turn on and it will go though activation

shuseman2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe your existing phone needs to be turned off as well. Then you can start up the S7.  That is how we do it for upgrades in our office.

casper29605
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes your old phone needs to be powered down. Make sure you have everything back up.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the old phone and the new phone uses the same size of SIM card, you can use the SIM card from the old phone instead of the one supplied with the new phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
shuseman2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ann154 - But the S7 already has a programmed SIM in it.  Plus, I read somewhere that whatever SIM is first inserted, is the only one the phone works with.

Let me find where I saw that and verify!

0 Likes
casper29605
Enthusiast - Level 2

You are correct that Sim card is programmed already with account info. I would not change sim if you don't have to.

0 Likes
edjay15
Enthusiast - Level 2

your going to need to call in to activate it. due to the fact that it needs programing just to make sure it get to the right person.

0 Likes
casper29605
Enthusiast - Level 2

You don't need to call but just make sure old device is powered off

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have a collection of SIM cards that came with phones that I never had to use. I kept using the same SIM card that was already activated. I never had to call customer service to activate my phones. The SIM card I am currently using came from a phone with an OS I will never use again and the SIM has been used in four different phones since and been switched between those phones probably a dozen times in the course of using the phones.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes