How do I activate a SIM card?
brandonashby1243
Enthusiast - Level 1

i just got a samsung s3 and i am trying to activate my sim card for it. whenever i put in the sim card # the last 4 digits turn into 0000 (ex: 1234567898765430000) anyway to stop this so i can ativate my sim card?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Activating sim card
Snn5
Legend

Your best bet is to go to a store and get a new SIM for free and have them activate it or call Verizon and they will activate the phone with your SIM. (Your active phone will end the call when the other phone is activated and then they will call back) I have never gotten the website to activate any device that I didn't already have activated previously on the account (such as when switching between 2 previously activated devices) and I have used Live Chat as well, which is the easiest if you only have the old SIM.

View solution in original post

tbo27
Master - Level 2

Is this vzw branded s3? You can activate on Vzw.com sign in

0 Likes
brandonashby1243
Enthusiast - Level 1

i made sure this was a verizon phone and i tried activationg the phone through the verizon website but it isnt working. whenever i put in the 19-digit sim card number the last 4 digits change to 0000 when i hit "ok"

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Your best bet is to go to a store and get a new SIM for free and have them activate it or call Verizon and they will activate the phone with your SIM. (Your active phone will end the call when the other phone is activated and then they will call back) I have never gotten the website to activate any device that I didn't already have activated previously on the account (such as when switching between 2 previously activated devices) and I have used Live Chat as well, which is the easiest if you only have the old SIM.

tbo27
Master - Level 2

They are 20 digits long

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Usually the SIM numbers are 8914800000XXXXXXXXXX. This may default the last 4 digits to 0000 if you are not putting in the correct number of digits.

0 Likes