How can I turn the Verizon visual voicemail app back on (GS5)?
stmet5
Enthusiast - Level 1

The Voicemail app was accidentally turned off in the app settings and there's no option to turn it back on. There's not a way (that I could find) to download it from the Google Play store like some other Verizon apps. One suggestion I read was factory reset, but I'd like to avoid that if possible. Any ideas on how I can get the visual voicemail working without having to reset my phone?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How can I turn the Verizon visual voicemail app back on (GS5)?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried:

apps > menu > show disabled apps > tap Voicemail so that you see a green check in the upper right-hand corner of the app > Done

View solution in original post

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried:

apps > menu > show disabled apps > tap Voicemail so that you see a green check in the upper right-hand corner of the app > Done

stmet5
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, thank you! That brought the app back. Now when I open the Voicemail app a popup opens over a gray background. The popup title is Voicemail, and the text says "Unable to verify subscription status. Please try again later" and then a box where I can tap OK to close the box, which closes the app. I logged into my account and confirmed the visual voicemail is on and I restarted my phone. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Mobile data has to be turned on to use the app.

0 Likes
stmet5
Enthusiast - Level 1

I restarted my phone again and the voicemail app is now working but not recognizing my account. I've had the same issue with the cloud so I'm going to a Verizon store to have them look into it.  Both are active features in the account when logged in but neither work in my phone.

Thanks for your help!

0 Likes