How can I get rid of text-suggested icons that appear in Message+?
kmorrissey
Enthusiast - Level 1

Message+ now is highlighting certain words in my text messages. When you hover over them, an icon appears that you can choose to insert into your message. Once the word is highlighted this way, you no longer have the ability to delete a letter at a time and must delete the entire word. How can I disable this "feature"?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How can I get rid of text-suggested icons that now appear in Message+?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
kmorrissey, We want our Messaging application to be customized to work best for you! You can disable the "Smart Emoji" option by accessing the Menu (3 horizontal bars on the upper-left side of the main app screen); then Settings, and uncheck the Smart Emoji option. Here's a link with a visual of the steps. http://spr.ly/6582CSTq Please be sure to let us know if you have further questions.
TanishaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
You came to the right place for assistance kmorrissey. Let's start with what make and model device do you have? Which words is Message+ highlighting? As you share the details then we can look into this for you.

ArnettH_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
kmorrissey
Enthusiast - Level 1

Samsung Galaxy S5.

See below. Highlighted words appear randomly. On hover, insertable icon appears above text.

Screenshot_HighlightedText.pngScreenshot_onHover.png

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
kmorrissey, We want our Messaging application to be customized to work best for you! You can disable the "Smart Emoji" option by accessing the Menu (3 horizontal bars on the upper-left side of the main app screen); then Settings, and uncheck the Smart Emoji option. Here's a link with a visual of the steps. http://spr.ly/6582CSTq Please be sure to let us know if you have further questions.
TanishaS_VZW
mbrohins
Enthusiast - Level 1

I disabled Smart Emoji but it is still happening anyway.