How can I change my vibration settings for notifications?
AmasonUCSD

I updated to Marshmallow yesterday, and now I cant change the vibration settings for notifications, like texts and emails. It used to be 1 long vibration that i could feel, but now it is 2 quick buzzes that i cant stand. Is there anyway to change this? Ive looked under all the settings and all that I can change is the vibration for when I get calls.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How can I change my vibration settings for notifications?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting a new operating system is like getting an upgrade to your phone, AmasonUCSD. I just checked on my Samsung and under Settings – Sound and Notification – Vibration Intensity – there are 3 choices and one is for notifications. Please look there and let me know if that is what you were looking for.

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting a new operating system is like getting an upgrade to your phone, AmasonUCSD. I just checked on my Samsung and under Settings – Sound and Notification – Vibration Intensity – there are 3 choices and one is for notifications. Please look there and let me know if that is what you were looking for.

AllisonC_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
COCHISE23

Hello, I have a Moto X, and Vibration intensity is not an option.
In the past I was able to customize which vibrations would notify me of different things, like a SMS message vs a Facebook messenger message, or a calendar notification, or an email.

I can't find where to do that on my phone.  How can I do that again?

Thanks

0 Likes
christinej_vzw
Verizon Employee

We know how important it is to customize your application's notifications. On the Moto X you set notifications under Settings-> Sound & Notification->App Notification. You may also go under the app itself you want to set, go to the apps menu (usually 3 bars or dots in the corners). For example in the Message+ app, you will click menu & then you will see options for settings and then notifications.

ChristineJ_VZW

0 Likes