High data usage coming from aasaservice.
Mpetrones4

Started 1 day ago. Phone using 1mb every minute. I narrowed it down to aasaservice but can't get it to stop using data

0 Likes
Re: High data usage coming from aasaservice.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone model do you have?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Mpetrones4

Samsung s7 edge

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your satisfaction and accurate data reporting is paramount to us, Mpetrones4. You indicate that data is being used by aasaservice. Can you elaborate on what this is? Is this a third party application that you downloaded? Is it a website that you visited? How exactly were able to determine that aasaservice is using that data?

AntonioC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Higher than usual data usage can be alarming, Mpetrones4. I want to help get to the bottom of this for you. You mentioned that this started a day ago. Is this happening regardless of where you are or are you noticing it when connected to WIFI?

NicholeK_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TABIIMINT

I have a galaxy s6 and am having the same issue. My OS used over 16G of data this month! I've narrowed it down to aasaservice app as well, but from what I have read this is a system app and can not be removed. Hopefully someone from customer service can help.

0 Likes
TABIIMINT

What did you find out? This appears to be a service app.

0 Likes
laurenc_vzw
Verizon Employee

We will check into more detailed information regarding your usage and this application. I have sent you a private message so I can work with you directly in more detail. I look forward to your reply.

LaurenC_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes