Help with updating the phone to 4.1.2
rohan2587

I got my samsung s3 replaced by asurion, it works all fine except One thing which is very important

I cannot update my OS to the jelly bean 4.1.2. Everytime i try to update it i get the message this service is not available at this time. Its been a month the update was released and I am still not able to get. Why is this problem.

0 Likes
Help with updating the phone to 4.1.2
lnh

Based on previous posts, you can do so by going to Verizon. However, there are many bugs in the Update. i.e. One huge bug is loosing text after typing it in after pressing the space bar. HUGE issue with mine (and many others). Seek further posts before you choose to update.

0 Likes
Re: Help with updating the phone to 4.1.2
MySIII
Contributor - Level 2

rohan2587 wrote:

I got my samsung s3 replaced by asurion, it works all fine except One thing which is very important

I cannot update my OS to the jelly bean 4.1.2. Everytime i try to update it i get the message this service is not available at this time. Its been a month the update was released and I am still not able to get. Why is this problem.

I'd think twice bout updating to 4.1.2, read about all the complaints in here and google.

0 Likes
rohan2587

I understand what you are trying to say, but what if in the future Samsung/Google release a stable update but I am not able to update my phone. So its not just about 4.1.2 but it is about trying to get the best available os for my phone without modifying it.

<Post edited to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
rohan2587

<Post deleted for cross posting violations per the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
rohan2587

Also, You said going to verizon, you mean the store right?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello rohan2587,

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with updating your device. We certainly want you to be able to benefit from the new update. With what you have done so far, the best route would be to perform a factory reset and run the software update again http://vz.to/11s0an7. If at that point it is still not working, then you are able to get the deviced replaced through asurion. Please keep us updated on what is happening with the issue.

TonyG

0 Likes
MySIII
Contributor - Level 2

Oh look, Fix it all, another  Factory reset...answer to ALL The problems in the world... Wish we could factory reset the political issues. There is NO benefit to the new update, if I could I would go back to 4.1.1 where I had NO issues...

0 Likes
Bill50
Enthusiast - Level 2

My GS3 is so slow bringing up the keyboard and sometimes it doesn't recognize that you are swyping. My phone operated so much faster before the update. Doing a factory reset is not the answer...Hey Verizon, fix this problem!!! I want my fast GS3 back!

0 Likes