Having trouble with the WIFI and texting.
actionkatie

I upgraded to the Galaxy s4 yesterday, and I've had nothing but problems so far. I upgraded from an iPhone 4 because I was having so much trouble with their OS 7 and I'd heard nothing but good things about the Galaxy. If I'd known it'd be this much trouble, I would have just gotten the iPhone 5s. The main reason I switched was for the better quality camera and features that were supposed to make the Galaxy so good. And because of the costs of the Galaxy, I can't afford the costs to switch to the iPhone 5s. (The sales person at Verizon convinced me it was a better idea to get the 16GB Galaxy and the 64 GB SD card, which was almost $100 and I now can't return because it's been open.) But this has been terrible and I'm so stressed out that I keep crying on the phone with tech support, who have not been that helpful.

First, my phone will not receive messages from iPhone users. I did upgrade from an iPhone 4, but I followed all the troubleshooting guides for this. (aka I unregistered my old phone; deleted my phone number from my apple ID account; had my friends turn iMessage off/reboot) Texting iPhones now only works if they have iMessage disabled completely, which nobody will do because then they can't iMessage anyone. And it's not fair to expect everyone I know to turn iMessage off forever. This is especially problematic with group messages. Verizon tech support said it was an Apple problem and they have no control.

Also, my WIFI will not even turn on through the widget or the settings. If I click it, it will flash green and then stop. I've already factory reset my phone and it didn't fix it. And because my plan switched me from unlimited data to 2 GB of data a month, I only received .5 GB of data for the rest of my billing cycle. Since I've already gone over my allowed data, I essentially have a very expensive paperweight at the moment. Verizon tech support said they couldn't help me unless I provided them the right account password - which I obtained from the main user/line of our family plan account. However, they said this password was not correct and that they can't help me. So I'm SOL.

Someone please help, I don't really know what else to do and I'm in a constant state of verge-of-tears.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Having trouble with the WIFI and texting.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congrats on your recent upgrade actionkatie! I am sorry to learn of the difficulties you are experiencing with your Samsung Galaxy S4. Let's get to the bottom of this because we want you to love your phone.

I understand you have done all necessary troubleshooting steps that should have enabled you to send messages to iPhone users without them having to disable iMessage. Have you tried contacting Apple Support regarding the inability to send a text message to iPhone users? Apple can be reached at (800) 275-2273.

In addition, do you get a certain error message when your WiFi stops working? Have you verifed that Auto Switch network is disabled? To disable this setting simply to go Settings > Wi-Fi > Tap the Menu Key(to the left of the home button) > Select Advanced and it is called `Auto network switch. If you are still experiencing difficulties, please feel free to reach out to us for further assistance.

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Having trouble with the WIFI and texting.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congrats on your recent upgrade actionkatie! I am sorry to learn of the difficulties you are experiencing with your Samsung Galaxy S4. Let's get to the bottom of this because we want you to love your phone.

I understand you have done all necessary troubleshooting steps that should have enabled you to send messages to iPhone users without them having to disable iMessage. Have you tried contacting Apple Support regarding the inability to send a text message to iPhone users? Apple can be reached at (800) 275-2273.

In addition, do you get a certain error message when your WiFi stops working? Have you verifed that Auto Switch network is disabled? To disable this setting simply to go Settings > Wi-Fi > Tap the Menu Key(to the left of the home button) > Select Advanced and it is called `Auto network switch. If you are still experiencing difficulties, please feel free to reach out to us for further assistance.

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes