Having trouble sending text messages to certain contacts, any help?
EthanY375

Never had issues sending/receiving text messages until today.

I recently had my phone replaced (about a week ago) and it was working, text messaging wise, until today. I've updated my software and firmware and I'm still experiencing issues. I noticed certain contacts are unable to receive my text messages but I cannot receive their messages. Particularly this is occurring with iPhone users and/or non-Verizon customers. I enabled delivery reports in the messaging settings and for those contacts I'm experiencing problems with, I am not receiving a delivery report notification.

This has been a frustrating issue nonetheless, particularly because I had no issues with text messages until today.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Having trouble sending text messages to certain contacts, any help?
Hazel_Eyes_4_U
Contributor - Level 2

I had that problem.  Did you have an Iphone prior to getting the S4?  If you did you need to turn off your Imessage and than unregistered your Iphone. You may have to wait 30 days till Apple unrecognized that you're no longer an Iphone user. After 30 days it worked. You can tell your friend to turn off the Imessage in the mean time.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Hazel_Eyes_4_U
Contributor - Level 2

I had that problem.  Did you have an Iphone prior to getting the S4?  If you did you need to turn off your Imessage and than unregistered your Iphone. You may have to wait 30 days till Apple unrecognized that you're no longer an Iphone user. After 30 days it worked. You can tell your friend to turn off the Imessage in the mean time.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

EthanY375,

Text messaging is my main means of staying connected with family and friends, so I definitely understand the importance of having it work properly.

Did you previously have an iPhone? If so, did you follow @Hazel_Eyes_4_U suggestion? You need to deactivate the iMessage service within your Apple account to restore normal text messaging functionality http://vz.to/1bUvJee.

Keep me posted if you need further assistance.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes