Got a new Galaxy S4 a couple days ago. I try to connect to my work WIFI .My S4 sees the network and ask for a password. I put the password in and it just keeps scanning.It will scan for about a minute then shut off for a minute then scan. It just keeps do
Flyinghigh4
Enthusiast - Level 1

Got a new Galaxy S4 a couple days ago. I try to connect to my work WIFI .My S4 sees the network and ask for a password. I put the password in and it just keeps scanning.It will scan for about a minute then shut off for a minute then scan. It just keeps doing this over and over. I tried to manually enter the settings but every time I hit connect it tells me "network can't be saved" and then just keeps doing the same scanning over and over. I connected to my home network no problem. My router at home is a Linksys E3200 and the work router is WRT54G2. Does any one have any ideas?4

0 Likes
Re: Got a new Galaxy S4 a couple days ago. I try to connect to my work WIFI .My S4 sees the network and ask for a password. I put the password in and it just keeps scanning.It will scan for about a minute then shut off for a minute then scan. It just keep
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does your work WiFi require a MAC address authentication to allow devices to fully connect with it?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Got a new Galaxy S4 a couple days ago. I try to connect to my work WIFI .My S4 sees the network and ask for a password. I put the password in and it just keeps scanning.It will scan for about a minute then shut off for a minute then scan. It just keep
stef7
Master - Level 2

Likely, either the router firmware needs updating, or it's set to an incompatible security mode.

0 Likes