Google wallet not being allowed to use tap and pay features. Why?
Todd_Hicken

With this question I don't want a copy and paste response or a recommendation to ISIS.

I have tried using Google Wallet for tap and pay and it doesn't work and I have a Samsung Galaxy S4.  Everything but that feature is enabled.  Why?

I even tried ISIS and really don't like the interface or the fact I'm very limited on what financial cards I can use on it.  Google wallet runs much better and is easier to use.  But why is the one feature that is the most sought after feature blocked?  Last I checked with the FCC that is illegal, including blocking access to the sim card and "secure element" crap going on

Please someone give me a straight up answer.

0 Likes
Re: Google wallet not being allowed to use tap and pay features. Why?
NexusMan21
Contributor - Level 2

In all honesty there is no good answer to your question. You'll find this forum and the internet littered with excuses. As cool as a feature as it is, with AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon all blocking Wallet access (i.e. making tap and pay inaccessible), there is little incentive for places to pick up this technology. I used to tap and pay with Google Wallet on my Verizon Galaxy Nexus (used to be a play-store glitch), but now that I have my S4 - I don't miss it. There was only a few places in my area where I could even use it.

Even if blocking this tap and pay is illegal, nothing is happening with it, this has been going on for over 2 years since it launched. An unlocked phone or Sprint (yuck) is your best bet to use Google Wallet.

0 Likes
dylanrod24

I know how you feel. I really want to use Google Wallet for tap and pay. I tried it today at a 7-11. It did not work. I hate ISIS. It does not even support my device anymore. Verizon just needs to drop ISIS. I thought the customers come first but apparently not. I do not understand why Verizon does not listen to its customers. So many people hate ISIS but Verizon still keeps trying to make it's customers use it. I am leaving Verizon very soon for the Nexus 5.

0 Likes
SuperSamGalaxy
Enthusiast - Level 3

Good news, my friend, Google has announced a new version of Wallet that will bring tap and pay functionality to devices with NFC on ALL carriers, Verizon included.  This may not be as great as it sounds, as I'm sure Verizon can still keep it from us by not giving us 4.4, and they've never really been known to show a lot of motivation anyway when it comes to issuing updates, but looking forward to your next Android device, you should be able to use Wallet in all it's glory.  R.I.P. Isis.

0 Likes
dylanrod24

Google Wallet works for just about most android phones. For Verizon phones with NFC, tap and pay will work but Verizon blocks the ability to use tap and pay with Google Wallet. My phone which is the Motorola Droid RAZR M supports Tap and Pay Verizon just has to allow it.

0 Likes
Brunobits

I use NFC and google wallet on my Galaxy S4, without issues, On 4.2.2, after updating to 4.3 I haven't tried..but it did work

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Have you tried Doing a Recycle of your phone that sometime that can jar loose a Feature's stubborness or you may have to Clear the System Cache give that a Try if all fails Do Factory Reset..

Welcome to the Forum..Smiley Happy b33 

0 Likes
SuperSamGalaxy
Enthusiast - Level 3

That is correct.  The point of my post, though, is that with Android 4.4 Verizon has no say.  It will work whether they want it to or not.  It doesn't use the secure element like the older version of Google Wallet so Verizon has no grounds to keep the tap and pay feature from working.

For more info, go here: http://developer.android.com/about/versions/kitkat.html and find the section on HCE.

0 Likes
jroal
Contributor - Level 2

Awesome news!  Can't wait for KitKat then.  I want Google Wallet NFC.  I have no interest in isis. 

0 Likes
Re: Google wallet not being allowed to use tap and pay features.  Why?
NexusMan21
Contributor - Level 2

Just watch Verizon leave this functionality out of the software on the phone. I think Verizon will continue to hinder our use of tap and pay.

0 Likes