Google Wallet?
robot6502
Enthusiast - Level 1

When attempting to open Google Wallet on the S4 the following error message shows up: "Not supported - Unfortunately, Google Wallet is not yet available for your device or mobile network.". When will Verizon allow Google Wallet on the S4?

Tags (2)
Re: Google Wallet?
Not applicable

They probably won't allow it since they are pushing the  ISIS payment service.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Robot6502,

I want to make sure you are able to make payments quick and as easy as possible.  At this time, Google Wallet is not supported on the Samsung Galaxy S4.  You can utilize, Isis Mobile Wallet is an app that transforms your device into a secure mobile wallet with virtual versions of your credit and debit cards, a prepaid Isis Cash Card and loyalty cards. You can pay, receive loyalty rewards, and redeem money-saving offers from participating merchants around town, with only one tap.

WarrenM_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SuperSamGalaxy
Enthusiast - Level 3

Robot6502

Please do not take the advice of WarrenM.  Google Wallet is unavailable so that Verizon can try to force you to use ISIS, which is a poor product, and forcing it on customers while not allowing competition is very monopolistic.  Do yourself a favor, read the reviews and ratings of ISIS on Google Play.  Better to use nothing at all.  If you are determined to use mobile payments on your phone there are other options but please stay away from ISIS.

0 Likes
robot6502
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello WarrenM_VZWSupport,

ISIS is ONLY available in Austin, TX and Sald Lake City, Utah thus not usable for the majority of your customer base. While I understand that you are pushing your own mobile payment solution ISIS that should not mean that competing offerings are simply be blocked. Please finally allow Google Wallet to be used on your Android devices as the Galaxy S4 certainly is capable of supporting it.

Robot6502

rcschnoor
Legend

While it is not publicized, ISIS is available in most locations where contactless payment is available. You will have to call CS in order to get the secure SIM card shipped to your home if you do not live in Austin or SLC, but they will be happy to do so.

Once you have the SIM in your phone, you should be able to use it in locations which accept contactless payment. I have used it in Washington DC, NYC and upstate NY.

rcschnoor
Legend

While I agree that it would be nice to have a choice to use the app of your choice, most of the reviews on the Play Store are not giving ISIS a chance. Most rate it one star ONLY because Verizon does not allow Google Wallet on their phones without even trying ISIS.

How can you give a valid review without even trying the product????

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

just look for the following image on the device which accepts payment.

contactless.jpg

For example:

Contactless-Terminal.jpg

0 Likes
Spiral
Master - Level 1

My big complaint about ISIS is that it is not available (in only two markets for 8+ months is a joke).  They need to roll it out to additional markets or drop the idea altogether.

My belief is that this type of payment system will be ready to expand very quickly once the next version of the iPhone comes out (assuming it has NFC).  Like it or not, that is reality.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

As I had said previously, while it is not publicized it IS available in other markets. The secure SIM cards you need in order to use ISIS are currently only available in 2 markets, but you can call CS and they will be happy to send you one free of charge. You can then replace your current SIM with the secure SIM and use ISIS in most locations which accept contactless payment.

0 Likes