Google Maps Offline
tcad
Contributor - Level 1

I downloaded Google maps for my area to use offline to save data. When I use them offline for navigation, it no longer speaks street names but instead says turn left here. When I go back to normal navigation online, it speaks street names as always. Anyone else notice this since update to Nougat on Galaxy S6?

0 Likes
Re: Google Maps Offline
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tcad, I love using my maps application on my own device. With out it I would be lost frequently. Let's get your maps working again. Do you have any updates for Google Maps, in the Play Store? Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing this application?

AdrienneP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Google Maps Offline
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having your navigation work properly is important to your day tcad. I'm sorry it's working differently after the software update. I don't show this being a reported issue with this device. Do you have any other 3rd party navigation or GPS apps on your phone that you've downloaded? There may also be other 3rd party apps that may be causing an issue with your phone. I recommend making sure all apps on your phone are up to date so they don't have any conflict with the new software.

K KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes