Google Calendar Issue
Topknots98

How do I get all of my Facebook friend's birthdays off of my calendar? I did a sync and I have all these birthdays on my phone calendar now!  I checked the Facebook settings and it's marked unsync.

Help! Thank you!

0 Likes
Re: Google Calendar Issue
GLW163
Contributor - Level 1

Open contacts then click the menu button (bottum left) click on accounts, Then click on facebook and uncheck sync calendar. Click the sync now button at the bottom of this screen. Go back into calendar and birthdays should be gone. If they are still there go into the calendar app and clear the cache.

0 Likes
PJGMIG
Enthusiast - Level 3

HI.. interesting response.. What will happen if I remove account... Will that also wipe out all FB connections (I hope).. I want control of my FB interactions.. Thanks

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Yes, if you remove your FB account from the device, it will remove anything that was put there by the app.  Of course, you could always uncheck sync contacts to remove them from your contact list.

PJGMIG
Enthusiast - Level 3

HI Dem..... If I remove FB from phone all contacts go away.. good...

silly question... IF I re-install FB, how do I keep all those contacts out? Smiley Happy

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

You don't even need to uninstall the app to get them to go away.  Open the app, press menu>settings>sync contacts, and select the remove facebook data option.

0 Likes
PJGMIG
Enthusiast - Level 3

Demm..thanks.. all worked well till I got to this option..=>select the remove Facebook data option. ... Does not exist on my SAMSUNG s3.. I really hosed up my contacts..

Thanks..

0 Likes