Gallery freezes since update
ElisaW
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have taken all of the recommended steps posted under other user's comments and I am SO FRUSTRATED!

Yes, I cleared the cache, did a force stop...yada yada.

Yes, I did a full backup and then did a factory reset...

Yes, Paper Artist is enabled...

Yes, the same problem happens regardless of whether or not the SD card is being used...

And YES, it is a problem because of the lousy update!!!! No problems before the update and now, major problems. I get so frustrated when software engineers make changes to "improve" the functioning and basically just make it so convoluted as to be unusable. The old way that the Gallery displayed images worked just fine, but now I suppose it is better to have all the little thumbnails and folders and so many new "features" that you can't even send an image to someone anymore? I mean, really, why can't we just get on with this and have someone on this blog or somewhere admit that the update is the problem and not a bunch of individual users have individual problems.

This is crazymaking and I am ready to chuck the whole thing. I thought Sprint was hard to deal with--this is worse!

Re: Gallery freezes since update
B33
Legend

Sounds Like you Dotted the the I's and crossed the T's with No avail well sometime one FR is not enough sometime it may take another to get things corrected but if at that time it doesn't then i would visit your local store have them DOA the phone if the store Manager is willing to do that and maybe just maybe you'll will get another new SIII that's been in the for a while and has not been updated..

My Droid Maxx that I just got had an issue after I updated it to KitKat I took it too the store they seen the issue DOA'd it and On the new one that i have now its settin on Jelly Bean with no issues so far I will hold off as long as I can to update it..

Hope this Helps b33

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ElisaW,

I am sorry to hear of your recent issues since the update. We certainly want to make sure that you always have a working device. Are you still under warranty with the current device (1 year since purchase and no physical/water damage)? Do you have insurance on the device? We would love to go over available options so we can get this resolved. Please keep us updated so we can proceed with the next available step.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ElisaW
Enthusiast - Level 2

My device is under warranty.

I am paying for insurance.

My account number is   (removed)

>>Personal information removed to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Lets not Post personal Information  K  just a friendly reminder..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ElisaW  Updates should enhance your phone. We're sorry to hear you are having issues with the device freezing. Have you tried to master reset it? 

0 Likes
ElisaW
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have done a master reset---twice. In my original post I thought I mentioned that I had already tried that and then another posting said sometimes you have to do it more than once, so I did it again. How much time do I need to spend frustrated in order to prove that the update is the problem. Is anyone actually working on a new update to fix all of the issues that the last one has caused? In my review of other people's postings and other online forums, it seems I am not alone in this issue. Nor am I alone in the fact that a master reset does not resolve the issue.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ElisaW,

Thank you for getting back to us. We definitely want to find the best option for you. Being that you have already tried many of the neccessary steps the next best step may be to do a replacement. We would be happy to explore this option with you. Please follow me TonyG_VZW and send me a Direct Message with your account information so we can start the process of replacement. This should help as not all devices are integrated with current update. We look forward to helping.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Not applicable

I find there is an issue with motion settings and freezing and screen response.

I stopped some of the motion and accessibility options and resolved the problem.

Sorry, it was trial and error.  I just went back and undid anything that was recently changed tip it worked properly.

I like the GS3 better than iPhone 5s, I like it a TON better.  But that said, Apple has it's death grip on Apps for this reason.  Google play doesn't assure us that apps will function with all devices, or as changes are made to symbiotic programs

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

and .

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes