Galaxy s6 touchscreen
t4walker
Enthusiast - Level 3

I purchased my phone in mid November and about 2 weeks ago my phone started having issues.  My touchscreen isn't working very well, especially when typing.  I have to hold down on a letter for it to register the selection or tap on the letter, number, etc multiple times.   Anyone else have this issue or advice aso to fix?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Galaxy s6 touchscreen
deloused
Master - Level 3

T4walker, wiping the phones cache partition can speed up its responsiveness, since it's been going on for a while. If you're using the stock Samsung keyboard, installing a more initiative one from the play store such as Google keyboard can also help.

Mama, to isolate if the bottom screen sensor area has a hardware problem you could check the sensors thru the test menu in case the lower ones might be less sensitive than the other ones or if some aren't working.

Wipe Cache Partition-

1) Turn off your Galaxy S6 and press the Power button, Volume up and Home button at the same time.

2) Wait until the devices vibrates once and release the power button.

3) Keep holding the Volume up and home button on your device.

4) Now you should see the Android Recovery Mode after some seconds. Navigate through the Recovery menu, using the Volume keys to scroll and the Power button to enter menus and start the “Wipe Cache Partition”.

5) After completion you can select  “Reboot system now”

Test screen sensor hardware-

1) Start your Phone app

2) Go to the Keypad screen

3) Type in: *#0* #

4) Tap on the Touch icon and the screen shifts to a grid.

5) Tap anywhere on the screen to either color in a box green or leave a dot somewhere on the screen. If areas of the screen don't color in when you tap or slide or if it takes multiple tries or if you have to press hard it would be a sensor hardware issue.

View solution in original post

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is there a heavy layer of oil on the glass by chance? Any screen protector or secondary glass layer?

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

I Have had on again off again problem, mostly at the very bottom of the touch screen.  space bar and neighboring keys.

I Cleared the keyboard cache and that seems to fix it till the next time. 

0 Likes
t4walker
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a zagg glass protector that I've been using since Nov.

0 Likes
t4walker
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes...same place.  Also at the top when I go to drag the menu bar down, requires me to hold and then drag.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

I Have a glass protector on mine also.  I considered taking it off, but I've used one on other phones without a problem.

0 Likes
t4walker
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes....I am pretty certain the protector has nothing to do with it because the issue just started.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

And mine clears up after I dump keyboard cache, then acts up weeks later.  It seems to get sluggish when it's cold.  I wondered if it were my chilly fingers or a chilly phone. (No where near freezing either).  I switched to a Note 4 and have the same problem, so I wonder if it's a Samsung bug?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to access your phone's touch screen functions easily is part of the beauty of a smart phone. Have you double checked your phone's "touch and hold" delay setting? This setting allows you to ajust the amount of time required for your device to notice that you are touching the screen. You can check this by going to Settings> Accessibility> Touch and Hold Delay

NicholeK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

I Only have a problem with the bottom row of my keyboard.

IM not sure if the OP also has a localized problem or if the entire touch screen is a problem

0 Likes