Galaxy s5 win 10 usb issue
ebenezeryakbain
Enthusiast - Level 1

Never had an issue previously. Now when I connect Galaxy 5 to win 10 PC via usb, it is not recognized. Running troubleshooter tells me to reinstall driver. Driver reinstall does not change anything.

Have tested usb cable and ports

Have tried connecting on another PC. No luck.

Have designated usb connection as file transfer. No luck.

I can send files via bluetooth, but this isn't very useful as a workaround.

Help!

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy s5 win 10 usb issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ebenezeryakbain,

It is definitely not fun to have issues plugging in your device to your PC. I know the importance of being able to backup, restore and sync any other data when you need to. To make sure we can address this issue properly, I have a few more questions.

What sort of syncing are you trying to do with your phone to your PC? After you re-installed the drivers, have you restarted the computer? What happens when you connect your phone to another computer?

I have also provided a link below that shows the step by step procedure to make sure your conflicts between Galaxy S5 and the PC are being addressed and corrected. Please let us know the progress after tracing back through these steps and restarting your PC.

http://spr.ly/6585Dryff

RyanCo_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy s5 win 10 usb issue
bearone21
Legend

by galaxy5 do you mean s5??

did you install the driver within win10??

the s5 may not be compatible with win10!!

0 Likes