Galaxy s4 Battery Issue (some lag)
Hurh

So I just got the galaxy s4 (white 16gb) on wednesday. For a couple days I used the phone and noticed that after a couple minutes (not gaming) that the back of the phone (near the camera) heats up rather quickly. I know some people have this problem and technical support mentioned I can return the phone for a new phone within 14 days of purchase. I checked the battery status and it shows after 4 hours on battery its 54 % (starting from 100% of course). Is this a problem? I thought the battery would last alot longer. I heard there was an update for people in asia and india who said there were stability fixes and battery fixes. So should I return my device for a new one or wait til verizon gets an update?

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy s4 Battery Issue (some lag)
longhorn95
Enthusiast - Level 2

Because you are in your 14 day period, I would swap it out.  The one question I have is why is the screen taking up so much of your battery?  Do you notice your screen randomly coming on? Have you downloaded any apps that may cause your screen to come on?  Some apps can cause havoc to your phone like not allowing it to go into sleep mode or like in your case, keep the screen on for extended periods of time. Again, I would suggest swap it out and not load any apps to see if it is a phone issue or an app.

Good luck!

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy s4 Battery Issue (some lag)
Hurh

I did use the phone a bit today so i think thats why. I know the amoled screen spends alot beacuse each pixel is lit up individually. But I don't think the s4 should take that much battery out. I think Im going to go to verizon store and see if its a problem. Alot of people said it was, but not sure if i should wait for the update or get a new one. Thanks for reply

0 Likes