Galaxy s10 weak signal
BelleCze
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having terrible cellphone coverage  My bars have been staying around 1 1/2 bars and its extremely frustrating. I live in the 84404 area code and work in 84401 area. But it seems it doesn't matter where I go, my signal is always weak. My apps are effected and run slower, I drop calls, or I i break up alot. I use Facebook messenger to contact a loved one over seas and I have to run around my yard and home just to get a strong enough signal. Has anyone elses signal been weak? Is there towers being worked on or anything like that? terrible paying for the best coverage and not getting it... 

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
Re: Galaxy s10 weak signal
bearone21
Legend

the verizon signal is 5-12mbps at best & can be much lower & mean that apps, calls & general phone oeraration isn't that good.

you look to be in a remote area that can be far from ogden to the nw.....suggest adding wi-fi.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bearone21, Wi-Fi is a good recommendation for an indoor signal, especially when you live in a remote area. 

BelleCze, we want you to have the best service possible. Rest assured, we are here to help improve your network experience. I would like to gather some information to best assist. When did you first notice this issue? Is the problem happening just when indoors or do you have the same problem when outside? Do you know of others with the same service concern? 

GinaU_VZW

Tags (1)
0 Likes
luckyivie23
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have found that my service on my new S10 is always 1-2 bars only and on my old iPhone I had much better service. It's very frustrating to know I had great service before switching and now I can't get service anywhere where I used to. Please help

BelleCze
Enthusiast - Level 1

I do not have Wifi capablilty at work, at home I can access it, with my Iphone I had no issues with my connection. I would like to be able to have good signal where verizon says I should be covered. I checked the map and my area is bright red. I first noticed this issue back in April. I have the same connection issues whether inside or out. It seems to just be me when its around work or home, everyone I know has Iphones which get great signal strength. I'm extremely disappointed and regret switching to Samsung and wish I could go back to the iphone. I'm not sure if this is an issue with verizon or with samsung

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm so sorry you are having difficulties with your signal Luckyivie23. Let's get to the bottom of this quickly and get you the help you need. What zip code are you in and what are your nearest cross streets? When did you switch devices? Any other Verizon Devices having the same issues near you?  JoeL_VZW

Tags (1)
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BelleCze, what plan are you currently on?

CheyenneS_VZW

Tags (1)
0 Likes
HOLDMYBEER
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem in the 83709 zip code on multiple S10 phones (business account with 4 S10's).  I know that my local Verizon tower is struggling to keep up,  I get regular dropped calls followed by "Network busy" messages.  But even when I am in areas that have historically great coverage the S10 is super weak and very often I have to hang up and call back 3 or 4 times before I can actually hold a conversation.  Sometimes its impossible.   I roam the same areas I have been roaming with my S9 and my S8 before the S10, and this phone just does not perform at the same level.  We have held off upgrading the rest of the phones in our business until we find a device that works and a carrier that has coverage to meet our needs.

I have called Verizon several times, they have sent a replacement phone which did the same thing.  The last person I talked to told me that since we tried a network reset and since I was in an area that the map shows as confirmed LTE coverage, there isn't anything else they can do.  Her answer was "I don't know what to tell you, it should be working fine".  I told her "I guess this is goodbye then" and she said "OK".

I have ordered a couple of other devices from other carriers so I can find something acceptable.  In the meantime we text (though we have to watch to make sure it goes through) and dial and dial again.  I liked the S10 features but I need a phone that works.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@HOLDMYBEER ,

I'm sorry to hear you're having connection issues, and it's good to know that you have contacted us on this before. However, if you are in an area that isn't getting a strong signal, then changing phones won't change that. All of the Galaxy phones you have mentioned have access to Wi-Fi Calling, which is a free feature available to any compatible device: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/wifi-calling-faqs/ . What happened when you used that?

RussellM_VZW

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Twhit32
Enthusiast - Level 1

My wife and I are having the same issue. We live in the 49735 area and since we upgraded from s7's to the s10+ we have horrible cell service. Well we also switched from at&t to Verizon in the process. We live on the edge of a small  city in a huge field and there is no hills or mountains. But I cant get more than 2 - 3 bars. And I'm lucky to get 3 bars. Even with 3 bars i get a message all the time that says internet is required for download. I have a horrible time trying to send pictures through text. Ehat can you do for me?