Galaxy S9 No update still
LAlen

I am unable to update my Galaxy S9 (SM-G960U) to android 9.0 even though the release was 20 days ago. My phone status still says I am on android 8.0. Checked for update says "no update avaliable". I also tried the verizon update assistant and no luck. Why can I not update to the new software version?  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S9 No update still
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you are having issues with a Software update. Let's look further into this together. What software version are you on? Go to Settings>About Phone>Software information. What is the build number and Kernel Version?

JoeL_VZW

0 Likes
LAlen

Oddly enough I recieved an update notification this morning. Problem resolved

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LAlen, that's great to hear you got the update notification this morning. I appreciate your patience as we waited to get that software release from Android. Much like yourself, the carriers all have to wait for the update to be released to them. Once we get it, we roll it out in phases, so that not every Android user gets the updates at the same time. Rest assured, the update will arrive.

To keep track of software and security updates for the S9, I highly recommend bookmarking this page: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/samsung-galaxy-s9-update/

You can check to see if a certain release is available, at that page. I hope you found my information beneficial. Let us know if you have any other questions.

JohnT_VZW
If my response answered your question, please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes