Galaxy S7 Unknown Build number
alfuller16
Enthusiast - Level 3

I updated my phone last month on Febuary 20, 2017 at 11:44am. After this update I became unable to update my software.

I have tried to use the computer software update assistant as well as the on phone "system updates" option.

My current Build number is MMB29M.G930VVRU4ATFR

I have been unable to find any information on this build number of baseband version.

Has anyone else had this issue?

If you did and were able to fix it some advice would be extremely helpful and greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Galaxy S7 Unknown Build number
alfuller16
Enthusiast - Level 3

Finally got it working again.

Factory reset the phone then put activated OEM unlock and USB debugging then put it into download mode then repaired it using the Software Repair Assistant.
It's now on the newest build available at the time.

It's working like a charm now Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's frustrating when your not able to update your device to the most recent software version, Alfuler16. Let me help with this concern to help you get the update completed. Upon review, I was not finding any information on the build you mentioned. Also, the latest software update was made available on March 23, 2017 and here's a link for more details http://vz.to/2h5XR4a .

This was recommended by Samsung and we don't know about any issues thus far as its only been a short time. 

EdwinW_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
alfuller16
Enthusiast - Level 3

How is it possible for me to get an update through Verizon without Verizon having any information on the update?

I've tried updating many many times. Nothing will actually allow me to update I'm either told that my software is up to date or that my software is incompatible with the update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

alfuller16, that does sound a bit frustrating. When did you first get the notification that you had an update available?

NicoleT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
alfuller16
Enthusiast - Level 3

The issue is that there is an update available for my phone but I'm unable to receive it. My specific device has never notified me of the update's availability however it is stated on the verizon website that my device is currently on a newer version of android.

I know of others with the exact same model phone from verizon that have the update that my phone won't even recognize.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure your device is up to date with the latest software version. When you attempt to do they update on your phone, are you connected to Wi-Fi or your mobile data? Do you get the same error message when attempting to update on either Wi-Fi or data? Have you tried powering your device off and on then attempting to update? Can you please try doing a network reset? Go to Settings > Backup and reset > Reset network settings. Let us know if any of these steps help.

YeseniaV_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
alfuller16
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have attempted both updating over Wi-Fi and mobile data. Both ways produce the same message saying "Your SAMSUNG SM_G930V is up to date. No update is necessary at this time." However this is not true since my phone is still on android 6.0 Marshmallow.

I have tried rebooting the device, factory reseting the device, as well as resetting network settings.

I have also tried using the "Verizon Wireless Software Utility" which says my phone's current software is not compatible with the newest update.

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Have you tried smart switch or Kies to see if one of them will work?

0 Likes
alfuller16
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have tried both smart switch and Kies. They both say pretty much the same thing as everything else.
I have tried looking for the current build that my phone is on and I haven't even been able to find any information on it.

Is there a way to downgrade to a previous software and then upgrade from there?

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

No once the phone updates there is no way to get back to what you had before

0 Likes